Getting someone to open your email is a bitch. We’re constantly flooded with promotianal messages and half of the time we didn’t even opt to get them. If you’re anything like me 80 % of your inbox gets deleted at a first glance.
However, sometimes we’re intrigued and we decide to open an email. If you’re in email marketing then you know that this is just the first step. Once you get someone to open your email it’s time to interest them enough to click through.
In this article I’m focusing on what to do after your subscribers click on that subject line. Email click-through rate is directly tied to your conversion rates. The more people that click through your offers, the more buy.
Here are 6 different tactics you can use to improve email click-through rate and positively affect your conversions!
6 Tips on Improving Your Email Click-Through Rate
- Know Your Audience – make sure you’re writing to their needs and that you’re mindful of why they’ve signed up in the first place.
2. Use Single-Column Formatting – multiple columns are too difficult to read and you want your subscribers to focus on one thing. People read in F-pattern and single columns facilitate reading.
3. Vocalize! – don’t let people assume what you need them to do. Tell them flat out that you want them to grab that unique offer or sign up for this awesome new webinar. The purpose of the email is clear to you because you wrote it – it doesn’t mean that it’s going to be clear to everyone who’s reading it.
4. Box-Up Your CTA Button – don’t just leave it dangling there! CTA button that stands out can do wonders for your email click-through rates. Check out this article on WordStream to see how color and size can make a real difference!
5. Make Use of Your PS – as I’ve mentioned, people tend to skim content and they may very well completely skip your call to action. Include it again at the bottom to catch the scrollers.
6. Segment Your Audience – if you keep your lists segmented it’s going to be easier to tailor you offers. By segmenting you’re making sure that your offers are hitting the mark every time.
Try out these simple hacks. Some of them might just do the trick and allow you to see a significant increase in engagement. For more details on each of the tips read my article about increasing email click-through rate on ArticleBase!